Happy New Year’s Eve!
I love the fresh start of a new year…so many new, exciting possibilities!
I very clearly remember New Year’s Eve last year when I typed up my 2013 goals from the piece of junk mail envelope I had scribbled them down on. I got a little teary-eyed when I was doing it. I also had a huge weight on my chest, mostly because a lot of the items were so big and overwhelming and I pretty much believed that I was setting myself up for failure– despite the fact that I REALLY wanted to do everything I had written. I truly didn’t even have a plan on how to accomplish any of these goals.
I basically just closed my eyes and charged forward. Even on the days that I was cranky and didn’t want to study any more body levers or anatomical diagrams of the leg muscles or when I just wanted to go shopping instead of budget our summer away– Mark, in his patient, calm way, would remind me to take a long look at the refrigerator (where I post my goals for all to see!) and think about how much I wanted the things on my goal paper. Ughhhh…he’s always the wise one. (As a good accountability partner should be!)
Now, as I look back to when I basically just gritted my teeth all the way through the serving of spinach on my dinner plate because I knew it was better for me than the mashed potatoes I really wanted… I am over-the-top glad that I put the work in and stayed dedicated.
I am so happy with where this past year has taken me– and what I’ve worked hard to accomplish!
So, in the spirit of celebrating accomplishments, here’s a look back at my 2013 goals (every cross-through is a goal accomplished!):
Amy’s Goals for 2013:
- Get my ACSM-CPT certification (June 1-Aug 31)
- Read the entirety of Precision Nutrition (Jan-May)
Take course and become certified (September 18, 2013- Jan 17, 2014)I sit for the exam on Jan 31!
- Read (June-Dec)
The Power of Less by Leo Babauta Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson et al.,
- Motivated Interviewing by William R Miller and Stephen Rollnick
- Influence by Robert Cialdini (all books May-Dec)
- Bench 100 lbs. As of December 16, 2013, I can bench 95 lbs. for 1 round…gettin’ close!
Decrease body fat percentage by 2% (From 19.75% to 18.0%)Well, I decreased it to 19% as of last week.
Fit Camp 2x/week Gym 1x/week Yoga or walking 1x/week
Some weeks are better than others, but I find a way to fit in 4 days of being active almost every week!
Read the book of John
- Complete a year-long women’s devotion For the most part, I did this…
- Read and discuss (with Mark) Love and War
- Take at least 1 non-family trip with Mark <<< DIDN’T happen!! 🙁
- Pay off ALL outstanding credit card debt (by June 2013) It did not happen by June, but as of today, we are 100% credit card debt free.
- Save $100/month to pay for PN nutrition program Even while taking the year to pay off debt, I didn’t want that to get in the way of me taking courses to become a personal trainer and nutrition certified. Not going in debt over my new education was huge for us!
- Grow my hair out by 3 more inches (trims ONLY, no haircuts!)
- Read The Better Baby Book And I totally recommend it to everyone- even people who don’t care anything about getting pregnant!
I can’t wait to share my new goals with you on Thursday!
Look out 2014, it’s going to be a big one!
Much love to you all!