As I was prepping parts of tonight’s dinner this morning, I got to thinking about some of the things around my kitchen that I feel like I couldn’t live without. Here are the simple and inexpensive items that I feel make life easier in the kitchen:
1) Microwave covers: Keep splatters and popping particles at bay in your microwave. My friend Brandon bought these for our house and he had no idea he purchased one of the most used items in our kitchen! There are a couple of sizes included in this pack so whether it’s a bowl or plate, you’re covered (see what I did there?! 😉 )
2) Salad cutter: I’m not kidding when I say that this will change your life when it comes to salads (and for under $10!). Plus, you can use it for several other things (I sometimes use ours as casserole cutter, pizza cutter, or dicer-of-onions.). This salad cutter is super sharp (good for its use, bad for fingers!). Be careful!
3) A variety of knives: Kinives don’t have to be expensive to be functional. Mark and I use these exact Cuisinart knives for everything, I mean everything. Between chopping sweet potato wedges, opening packages of meat, dicing peppers, slicing bananas for smoothies…there’s a knife for it all. These exact knives are 56% off right now on Amazon and I couldn’t recommend them more!
4) Crock pot: This item needs very little explanation. My life is busy, your life is busy. Do yourself a favor and get a crock pot. Again, it does not need to be expensive to be effective. I bought the one below almost five years ago and have used every week since. It works like a charm, is easy to set, and easy to clean. There are approximately 689,000 crock pot recipes out there. You’re bound to find some that you and your family can fall back on as a busy-night dinner staple! This one, this one, and this one are among my favorites.
5) Airtight Food Containers: I eat leftovers for breakfast and lunch. I prep dinner before I head to work or a workout every day. I pack snacks, salad dressing and on-the-go food on a daily basis. I absolutely could not eat healthy without food containers. I bought two packs of these food containers and I use all the sizes every day. They keep air out so food stays fresh, they stack, they’re lightweight…this one’s a no-brainer, people!
Got anything to add???