Yoooo. I hope your weekend was lovely. Ours certainly was. We worked out, had some friend time, accomplished a big to-do list, ate lots of food…
Speaking of food…It is no secret that I like good food.
What I really love, though, is bringing my food to the next level. Here are some VERY simple things I do on a weekly basis to bring my food to the next level:
- Boil rice in full-fat canned coconut milk. (<<<At the time this post was published, I found this killer deal on canned coconut milk!!)
- Pan-fry veggies in a little bit of bacon grease.
- Add a dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to smoothies.
- Stir honey into room-temperature butter then use on top of toast, pancakes, waffles, etc.
(On the topic of food things: I’m in the process of making Hudson some bone broth and liver based baby food. I’ve been pureeing and taste tasting for the last few days and I’m pretty excited to share my concoctions! (Stay tuned!))
Mark and I are looking forward to trying out a couple of new-to-us recipes this week (the Bison Stew and Teriyaki Bowl) as well as chowing on some old favorite! Here’s our meal plan for the week:
- Perfect Bars
- Mark bought us 8 (yes, 8!!) boxes of these bars at Costco this weekend. We’ve always loved their Almond Butter, Peanut Butter and Cranberry Crunch bars, but now Costco sells the Carob Chip, Almond Acai, and Almond Coconut flavors. These bars taste incredible and are truly good for you. Non-GMO, gluten free, 20 different superfoods in each bar…the list goes on. My most favorite flavor is the Almond Coconut!!
- Toasted Coconut Almonds
- Carrot and Celery sticks dipped in Almond Butter
Tuesday: Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry with Paleo Sweet and Spicy Marinade
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Bison Stew
Thursday: Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs, Steamed Broccoli (The honey mustard recipe is: equal parts Dijon mustard and honey mixed together and brushed on the thighs!)
Friday: Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
Saturday: Breakfast for dinner: Paleo Blueberry Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs, Grits