Hello! Happy Christmas week!
I posted a picture of my homemade gummies last week on Instagram and received a flood of text messages and requests for the recipe.
First, let me be clear, this is not a multi-vitamin type gummy, it’s a gelatin gummy.
In addition to simply incorporating gelatin into my diet every day because it’s so amazing for every part of my body, I’m also making a huge effort to clear and better my skin from the inside out (because, truly, that’s the only way to do it!).
So…here ya go!
Makes roughly 24 gummies
3/4 c. lemon juice (squeezed from actual lemons!)
1 c. frozen strawberries (or raspberries, blueberries, rhubarb…whatever you want!!)
3 Tablespoons of honey
3 Tablespoons of gelatin (Grass-fed, high quality is key! This is the one I’ve found to work the best.)
Silicone molds (I ordered these exact ones from Amazon)
- Blend lemon juice and frozen berries in a blender until they are completely mixed. Add flavoring to taste. Pour entire mixture into a medium-heat saucepan.
- Add the honey and gelatin and whisk together, turn the heat on low, and continue to whisk the mixture for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes thin and everything is evenly incorporated (no lumps!!). Take off the heat.
- Pour mixture into silicone molds.
- Set in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Remove gummies from molds and enjoy!
I eat one gummy in the morning and one in the evening.
Have an incredible day!