Thanks for all the encouragement and positive feedback from Monday’s post! It is much appreciated!
Let’s talk food today.
So, I have to say, other than getting asked “what is a good breakfast for me to eat?” the other most common question I get is “what do you eat?”
Well, I’m here to solve this mystery…although I actually write a bunch about what I really, truly eat on this blog…but here goes anyway; here’s what I ate yesterday:
5am: 1 cup of coffee with 1.5 tablespoons of coconut cream (I keep canned, Thai Kitchen coconut milk in the refrigerator which makes the cream and the liquid separate) stirred in. I also drop in a teensy bit of raw honey and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Mmmmm…
7:30am: Roughly 3 cups of spinach, a whole diced tomato, 1/2 of a cucumber, 1 carrot, 3 oz. of Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey, 1.5 Tablespoons of Annie’s Naturals Roasted Garlic Olive Oil <<<this stuff is the bee’s knees! 😉
11:30am: 1 cup of blueberries with a dollop of coconut cream (same deal as above–I scoop the cream from the can!)
3pm: Protein/Green Smoothie: In a blender I tossed: 3 cups of spinach, 2/3 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 whole banana, 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 scoops of Vital Protein’s Collagen Peptides, 1 scoop of Coconut SFH Fuel Protein, 8oz of water
8pm: 4 oz. Pork Tenderloin, a big salad (4 cups of spinach, 1/2 of diced tomato, 1/2 of sliced cucumber, 1 chopped carrot, 1 1/2 Tablespoon Annie’s Naturals Roasted Garlic Olive Oil) and 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries for dessert (I forgot to take a picture!)
Some notes on all of this:
- Notice that I ate 10 cups of spinach! I’m REALLY trying to up my “greens” intake!
- I don’t eat this exact thing every day! In fact, I’ve been eating pretty poorly the last couple of days due to celebrating Mark’s birthday– calories don’t count on your husband’s birthday, right?!
- I try to only eat when I’m hungry, but it’s a weird balance on days that I coach– I find that eating every 3-4 hours keeps me energized.
- I purposely have not made any muffins, cookies, breads or other Paleo or non-Paleo treats this week! I need to get off the easy, sugary stuff for a bit. Normally I will eat a slice of banana bread with some almond butter or a poppy seed muffin toasted with butter before a tough workout…but my treat-eating has been a little excessive lately, so I’m scaling back.
- I am SO full all day from eating so many vegetables. I go to bed feeling like I’m going to pop– which is great because then I don’t crave or eat sweets!
- I logged everything above and it ended up being 1,350 calories, 70 grams of fat, 85 grams of carbohydrates, and 102 grams of protein.
There you go, folks.
Next time, I’ll share what I eat on my “not-as-healthy” days!