Oops…this post was supposed to happen on Friday…but Hudson has randomly stopped taking naps (seriously hoping this is just a phase!) so my productivity has tanked.
I can’t say enough good things about everything in today’s “Favorites” post…so here goes:
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna: Perhaps you saw me write about this dish last week. It’s is SO amazing and (almost!) guilt free! It’s one of the ways I’ve found to easily slip a TON of vegetables into a meal. I added about 6 servings of peppers, spinach, and sliced tomatoes to the sauce part of the dish– in addition to the spaghetti squash. This dish is loaded with good stuff, but it still tastes like lasagna!
- Andalou Natural’s Meyer Creamy Cleanser, Lemon: I’ve raved about this stuff before, but it is my favorite, non-homemade facial cleanser to date. It’s gentle and doesn’t strip my skin, plus it doesn’t have an overpowering chemical smell! I purchased a facial brush at Marshall’s to use with it (only because I feel a bit grimy after sweaty workouts and hot Florida days– so I need a little something besides my hands to clean my face!).
- The Complete Book of Home Organization: I promise, this is the best home organization book in the world. It’s beautiful, easy to follow and extremely applicable. As someone who wants everything (down to my spices) organized, color-coded, and labeled, this book is the holy grail of everything I want our home to be. I truly can’t recommend it enough!
- Uncle Matt’s Orange Juice: I bought this orange juice while it was Buy One, Get One free at our local Publix and I can’t get enough! It’s organic, chock full of probiotics, isn’t too sweet…and I LOVE the one with turmeric in it– do have any idea how good turmeric is for you and how little we actually consume?!
- Vital Proteins Beef Liver Supplement: Ok, this probably sounds incredibly disgusting, but besides the Vital Proteins Collagen that I put in my coffee every morning, this is, hands down, the most beneficial supplement that I take! I started taking it (with clearance from my midwife!) while I was pregnant because I naturally have a low iron count and also wanted to take the most natural source of folate that I could. Although our modern society has completely lost the notion to eat organ meats, from properly sourced animals, they are incredibly nutritious. Liver alone is the most potent, natural source of Vitamin A, B12, Folate, Riboflavin, Zinc, Copper, and Choline. In it’s physical state, liver tastes a little too metallic-y for me to eat, so this supplement is an amazing option. I feel amazing, I don’t remember the last time I was sick, and my lab results have shown a steady increase in my iron levels (something I’ve never had in my whole life!).
That’s all, folks!
I’m off to bake some banana bread!