Oh man, oh man. Mark has had such a rough 6 months. He has been perfectly healthy (except for the normal bouts with colds and normal things like that) all 9 years that I’ve known him. For the past 6 years, he has been the healthiest that he has ever been in his entire life— so to have my husband totally wrecked by some unknown sickness has been crazy hard.
Hard in that I want to fix him and make it all better. I want my husband to feel really good again and have multiple great days in a row! (Seeing my husband suffer has to be one of the worst things I’ve ever experienced)
Hard because some days I need to talk through life stuff, vent, cry, and basically have someone to help me with all of my big emotions and he just can’t.
Also hard because his terrible days come out of nowhere and are totally unpredicted.
Being out of control and not having answers is extremely hard.
We think that we have figured out what he’s got going on, but time will tell. In the meantime, please send prayers…and DO NOT take your good health for granted!
On a positive note, Hudson is thriving! Our sweet boy is growing like crazy, eating like a person twice his size, talking up a storm (although I still can’t make out half of it), still vacuuming every day, making new friends at preschool, and absolutely loves running all over our yard and flushing the toilet (although he’s not potty-trained and we aren’t quite to the point of working on that yet). He’s definitely asserting himself more and he gives us a good tantrum at least once a day— usually over something like having to wear clothes or because I won’t let him bring a pan and spoon with him to run errands.
On another positive note, we’ve been eating a lot of good food lately. These are some MAJOR favorites that have been printed, laminated, and put into my binder of “recipes to make again:”
Pioneer Woman Chili (SOOOOOO easy and SOOOOO delicious!!)
My Mom’s Taco Soup <— this is not my mom’s recipe, but it’s similar (got to be in the family for the real deal! ;))
Collagen Coffee (seriously amazing!!)
AND….last but not least, I’ve been stocking on some basic cooler weather stuff for me and Hudson. I’m a sucker for a crazy good deal:
- Gap – shop the Great Big Fall Sale for up to 60% off, the Outerwear Shop for new coats & jackets for kids, and the new Fall Shoe Collection for the whole family
- Old Navy – shop the Thank You Event for 30-40% off, the Old Navy Active Collection, and cozy must-haves for the littles
- EVERYTHING at Express is 40% off
- The MOST comfortable weekend lounge clothing in the world: Lou & Grey extra 30% off sale items
- An extra 40% off PLUS free shipping on Outlet Items at Reebok with code OCT40 (I wear the crud out of this hoodie and with the discount it’s only $24!)