It’s Monday and I’m not sure how that happened. The weekend totally whizzed right by. Mine was mostly spent blowing my nose, writing, and recording things. I think I blew my nose every 45 seconds this weekend. My allergies are kicking my butt!
So, did you get a mental image of me in a sleek recording studio kind of looking like Beyoncé when I said I was recording things? No??? Oh, ok…yeah, because that’s not what the “studio” looks like and I certainly do not look like Beyoncé. I forgot to wear my black and white leather pants to record. Oops…
Instead, my situation looked more like this:
NOW, the real question is….what is all of this recording stuff about??!!
Well, I started The Funky Fork podcast.
I know, I know, you’re all very sad that I’m not recording my singing….because we all know how wonderful it is….
Podcasting is really fun, though. My plan is to hold regular interviews with people who I’m really interested in learning things from, or who I know how a ton of interesting stuff to share with the world, then broadcasting it out to you. It’s like an add-on to my blog. Now you get to read, listen, and see me every week!
Episode 1 is in the books and it should come as no surprise that I have the smart, talented, and very hunky Mark Bailey as my first guest. In addition to over a 100 lb. weight loss journey, Mark is incredibly knowledgeable about bio-hacking, technology-based aids in keeping his health and fitness on track, and very open about the mental changes that a substantial weight loss puts a person through. His gentle demeanor and honesty make him extremely relatable— so if after listening/watching this episode you want to reach out to Mark with questions or even for support, please do so!
I’m in the process of uploading this to iTunes..so bear with me, that part of the process will be up and running shortly.
UPDATE: The podcast is now up on iTunes. You can find it here!
NOW, as if that was not exciting enough, here are a couple other things to do on this fiiiiine Monday:
1) Make this Chicken Bacon Alfredo…omg, Paleo comfort food has totally been my weakness lately!
2) Turn biking, running, or walking into a charitable activity (LOVE this!!). Check out CharityMiles! Choose a charity to give to, then,f or every mile you run/walk, they give $.25 and for every mile that you bike, they give $.10. For more info, check out their website!
3) Not to scare you, but have you ever looked into the chemicals in the makeup that we’re putting on our faces??!! Or the stuff in our face wash, shampoos, deodorant, etc??! It’s actually pretty scary…especially the fact that some of the most chemically laden products come from companies who promote themselves as simple and clean! Check out the Environmental Working Group’s website to see exactly what I’m talking about!
4) I use the majority of these terms in all of my groups and classes. Feeling a little confused about what AMRAP stands for or what a Sumo Deadlift High Pull is? This list of terms and explantations will set you straight!
5) How awesome are the new lululemon bathing suits?! I love the colors and patterns…I just may need to rock one of these ASAP….
Make it a phenomenal day.