Yo, yo, yo!
I’m doing my “I’m happy it’s Friday” dance today!
A good friend/client of mine has been ROCKING her nutrition lately. As a recovering Diet Coke, Taco Bell addict, she has spent the last 4 weeks really re-shaping her view of fueling her body! She now eats protein at every meal, a salad at least once per day, and only has dessert every two days! Her friends are coming into town this weekend and she has been nervous about their restaurant choices. To get ahead in the decision making, she asked me where she suggest they go so that there aren’t too many choices and temptations.
While I LOVE so many restaurants in St. Augustine, these are the ones that I can guarantee a nutrient dense, quality ingredient meal:
1) Crave Food Truck: I could eat at this food truck every day. Paleo-friendly and EXTREMELY healthy. They serve some of the healthiest and most delicious wraps, sandwiches, salads, and smoothies that I’ve ever had! I usually build my own salad but their build-your-own wraps are my all-time favorite! On top of their outstanding food, their marina view is breathtaking! 134 Riberia Street (downtown) AND 647 A1A Beach Blvd (Anastasia Island)
2) The Manatee Cafe: The organic-produce restaurant is very hard to come by in St. Augustine. That’s why I think I love Manatee Cafe so much. With organic and locally sourced breakfast and lunch dishes, the Manatee Cafe is my go-to breakfast place. I love their omelets. They are just so fresh! Throw their perfectly hot home fries on the side and you’ve got one of my favorite breakfasts of all time! 525 SR 16, #106 (near the Outlet Malls)
3) The Floridian: Picture savoring on your gluten-free, warm, fluffy waffle and BBQ while the downtown church chimes ring and the clip, clopping of the horse-drawn carriages in the distance. Grab a seat on the Floridian’s patio and this exactly what you’ll experience. Using seasonal, locally-sourced produce and grass-fed meat, this restaurant is the top of my dinner choices. They also offer INCREDIBLE gluten-free versions of most of the items of their menu. The gluten-free “‘N Waffles” and the “Seafood Zucchini Linguine” (seafood served over zucchini noodles!!!) are my go-tos! 72 Spanish Street (downtown)
4) Stir-It-Up: This ultra casual beach-shack is my favorite stop on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Picking up a Pita Tosh and chips and salsa, then heading for a beach picnic may be my favorite date-like activity that Mark and I do. I believe I have tried everything on the menu– so I can honestly say– everything they make is insanely delicious! 18 A Street (Anastasia Island)
5) Ripe Bistro: (EDIT: As of 2017, this restaurant is, sadly, closed!) Sustainable, farm-to-table, organic greatness. Tucked away from the normal hustle and bustle on the beach, Ripe Bistro is my favorite place for grabbing a glass of organic wine, a Caprese salad, and some fish and vegetables. With a romantic, up-scale vibe but with affordable prices, Ripe Bistro is great for a date night, business meeting, or girl’s night. 1097 A1A Beach Blvd (Anastasia Island)
Have an incredible weekend!!!