Hi there! Want to know some random trivia about me?
Random fact #1: I am extremely good at remembering numbers. I also love reading nutrition labels (soo0000 weird, I know!) so I have most common food’s nutrition facts memorized by heart.
Random fact #2: When I lived in California, I worked in a well-known plastic surgeon’s office. Although I don’t believe he was coming to the office I worked in, Steven Tyler and I shared an elevator for about 4 floors. He was very friendly and made jokes the entire ride.
I have a lot of random stuff floating around in my brain and on post-it notes that really don’t have much to do with each other but that I still want to share. So…here’s my random list of things you should know about:
- I’m back to drinking a warm mug of magnesium before I go to sleep each night. I feel like I get a much deeper night’s sleep and wake feeling rested and rejuvenated. Magnesium is really good stuff…it is involved in many processes throughout the body and we all tend to be a little deficient. So, drink up!
- I’m trying really hard to eat more vegetables at breakfast. SO, I found a really easy, delicious way to do it…which I will be sharing in a post later this week. (I’m slightly addicted…if that tells you anything! 🙂 )
- Mark and I just ordered a pressure washer. Does anyone else get immense pleasure from cleaning with a pressure washer? Now that we own a home, we’re constantly batting down wasp nests, hosing sand and dirt off of stuff, and mumbling to each other that we need a pressure washer. We found a really good deal on one and went for it. Our pressure washer is en route to our house as I type this and I can’t wait for it to get here (<< one of the many things that make me feel like an adult. I used to look forward to Nordstrom shipments, now I look forward to Home Depot shipments.)
- I take a scoop of Collagen Peptides in my coffee every day…religiously! My hip used to be sore when we would have a change in barometric pressure (which, because we live in FL, is ALL the time!) but since taking collagen my hip is no longer sore and my knees no longer crack when I bend down. My skin is also in the best state it’s been in my entire life– even with my crazy postpartum and breastfeeding hormones! Now I have also started taking Organifi Daily Turmeric Boost to address any residual inflammation in my body (soreness from workouts, strain from a weird movements, etc) and keep my immune system ultra strong. I can’t recommend this stuff enough. It’s one of those things where you don’t realize how good you feel from reducing your inflammation until you do it and man, oh man, I feel good!
- We REALLY need some artwork for our walls and I’m constantly trying to come up with fun activities for Hudson. I am too cheap to spend a ton of money on the things I really want to hang ($900 for an abstract canvas painting, really?!) and I can’t find anything that I love…so, I’m having Hudson make it! I bought a bunch of non-toxic paint and a huge canvas and, being that he’s VERY into his hands and making big messes, I think he will come up with something really neat. I can’t wait to hang the final product!
This is sort-of my plan (courtesy of Pinterest!):
- Mark asked me what I wanted to do for Mother’s Day and I said sleep in past 7am (not because I will actually sleep much later that that, but because it’s luxurious to me to not have to pop out of bed to change, nurse, and entertain Hudson.) I also want to have help checking a bunch of things off my to-do list that I’ve had to put way on the back burner due to higher priority things. Hanging pictures, unpacking bins in the garage (from when we moved 1 YEAR AGO!), deep cleaning the bathrooms, edging the grass along our driveway, and organizing my digital pictures are just the beginning!
There ya go. Randomness from my brain.
Have a stellar Tuesday!